The following Church Covenant is adopted from Antioch Bible Church. Covenants have long been used by Protestant churches. This covenant is what members of Nelspruit Bible Church commit to upon membership of the church.
(1) Having been brought by divine grace to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and to surrender ourselves to Him, and having been baptized upon our profession of faith, in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit, we do now, relying on His gracious aid, solemnly and joyfully renew our covenant with one another.
(2) We will work and pray for the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace as one body in Christ, being slow to take offence and eager for reconciliation. We will submit to our church leaders in the Lord and avoid grumbling or divisive behaviour.
(3) We will walk together in brotherly love, as is fitting for members of a Christian church, exercising an affectionate care and watchfulness over each other and faithfully admonishing and encouraging one another as needed. We will rejoice in each others’ happiness and endeavour with tenderness and sympathy to bear each other’s burdens and sorrows.
(4) We will seek to use our time, gifts and talents to serve others and to build up this body of Christ. We will not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, nor forsake attending to the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper, nor neglect to pray for one another.
(5) We will be faithful in regular Bible reading and prayer and growing in love for God and others. We will seek to fulfil our biblical responsibilities in marriage and in the home, bringing up our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
(6) We will seek, by our example and our witness, the salvation of family, friends and others. We will also endeavour to disciple those in the church who are younger in the faith.
(7) We will seek, by God’s enabling grace, to walk in personal holiness in the world, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, remembering that we have been buried with Christ in baptism and raised to walk in newness of life. We will seek to not be conformed to this world but to be transformed by the renewing of our minds and to be salt and light in our community.
(8) We will work together for the continuance of a faithful Bible-teaching ministry in this church, as we sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines. We will contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of this church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel through all nations.
(9) We will, when we move from this place, as soon as possible, unite with another likeminded church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
(10) May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all.
Members' Meeting 13 September 2020